|URGENT ALERT – YOUR ACTION NEEDED
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS GUN CONTROL GROUP WILL HOLD PUBLIC STRATEGY MEETING
|Your ISRA has learned that a gun control group called “Northwest Suburbs Organizing for Action (NWSOFA)” will be holding a recruitment and strategy meeting this week in Arlington Heights. The NWSOFA has the following objectives:
1. Passage of a state “dealer licensing” law which would drastically raise the cost of firearms and ammo and eventually lead to the closing of all gun shops in the state. The NWSOFA is a proponent of Father Pfleger’s “Bad Apple Gun Dealer” campaign which has harassed law-abiding firearm dealers for several years.
2. Replacing the late Justice Scalia with a gun grabber.
3. Promoting the showing of the anti-gun propaganda documentary “10 Bullets, 3-1/2 Minutes” in taxpayer-funded buildings such as the Arlington Heights Public Library.
TAKE ACTION TO PRESERVE AND PROTECT YOUR GUN RIGHTS!
1. No matter where you live, you should plan on attending the NWSOFA Meeting:
WHAT: Gun control recruitment and strategy meeting
WHEN: Thursday, February 18, 2016
TIME: 6:30 PM
WHERE: The Corner Bakery, Northpoint Shopping Center, 470 E. Rand Road, Arlington Heights
NOTE: Please dress “under cover” so that you are not denied entry to the meeting. Nobody needs to know your view on guns until the meeting gets started.
2. Call the Arlington Heights Library District President, Debbie Smart, (847) 494-3707 and Vice President Deborah Nelson (773) 418-0355 and POLITELY tell them that you are a law-abiding Illinois firearm owner who objects to the showing of anti-gun propaganda films in the public library. Keep calling until you get through.
3. Pass this alert on to all your gun owning friends and family and tell them to attend the meeting and make calls.
4. Please post this alert to any and all Internet blogs, bulletin boards, or social media sites to which you may belong.
REMEMBER – GUN CONTROL IS A DISEASE AND YOU ARE THE CURE
Check out our upcoming ISRA Town hall meetings here!
Follow the ISRA on Twitter and Facebook.
Give the gift of an ISRA membership. Not an ISRA Member? Join Today!
Continue reading ARLINGTON HEIGHTS GUN CONTROL GROUP WILL HOLD PUBLIC STRATEGY MEETING
ISRA Legal Assistance Committee 2016 Benefit Banquet
Illinois State Rifle Association Legal Assistance Committee 2016 Benefit Banquet will be held Thursday, February 11, 2016, at the Diplomat West Banquet Hall in Elmhurst, Illinois (corner of Route 83 & North Avenue).
Social hour and raffles begin at 5:30pm.
Dinner at 7:00pm.
Dinner tickets: $40 each or $300 per table of eight.
Let Freedom Ring Gun Raffle (see the flyer linked below for details).
Contact the ISRA office at 815.635.3198.
Proceeds from this banquet will fund the ISRA Legal Assistance Committee’s on-going pro-gun legal research and defense fund activities. The ISRA Legal Assistance Committee is a 501(c)(3) charitable not-for-profit organization. A portion of your expenditures for this event may be tax deductible – check with your tax advisor to determine eligibility.
Flyer: LAC 2016 Benefit Flyer
Before taking to the field this hunting season, Illinois sportsmen will head out to ranges across the state to sight-in their hunting rifles, pistols and shotguns. The ISRA rifle range is proud to play a role in this annual ritual by opening its gates to members of the general public who wish to sight-in their firearms and/or bows. Fees for the day are $10 per firearm or bow. Attendees must bring their own ammunition. All sight-in activities are strictly supervised by experienced range officers.
WHAT: 2015 Edition of ISRA’s Annual “Sight-in Day”
WHEN: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
WHERE: ISRA Rifle Range located at 1589 N 7000 W Road (Warner Bridge Road), Bonfield IL. The Range Facility is about midway between Routes 113 and 17
WHO: ISRA Executive Director Richard Pearson and Rangemasters will be available to the press to discuss Illinois hunting regulations and answer technical questions on how to sight-in various types of hunting firearms.
CONTACT: Richard Pearson, Illinois State Rifle Association, (815) 635-3198
WEB SITE: http://www.isra.org
Members of the media wishing to cover the event should call the ISRA office at (815) 635-3198 for further information.
To download the ISRA Advert for this sight-in event please visit: http://www.isra.org/DesktopModules/EasyDNNNews/DocumentDownload.ashx?portalid=6&moduleid=4612&articleid=4434&documentid=173